The Eclipse PRP system utilizes a patented separator gel technology to isolate the platelets while eliminating the undesirable components such as red blood cells and inflammatory white blood cells.
Step 1: Collect Patients Blood (11ml or 22ml tube) and Centrifuge (10 min.)
Step 2: Extract Platelet Poor Plasma (PPP)
Step 3: Collect Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and apply
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is an autologous concentrated preparation of platelets and the associated growth factors in a small volume of plasma. Platelets are a natural source of a number of growth factors in their natural and biologically-determined ratios.
Platelets release growth factors which regulate the healing cascade by signaling to surrounding cells to repair damaged tissue and regenerate new tissue. Key growth factors involved in this process include but are not limited to:
Simple: Fewer steps than other PRP (platelet-rich plasma) kits
Excellence: Optimal platelet recovery 87% ± 10%
Fast: Centrifuge with a single spin in a matter of minutes
Patient Friendly: Small volume of blood required
Excellent Value: High volume PRP yield, low cost per mL
~6 mL PRP per 11 mL tube
~12 mL PRP per 22 mL tube
Consistent Platelet Concentration: Allowing for predictable performance
1. PRP should be applied to the same patient from whom the blood was drawn.
2. Storage of tubes containing blood at or below 0°C may result in tube breakage.
3. Storage of tubes above 40°C may damage the gel stability.
4. Do not remove conventional rubber stoppers by rolling with a thumb. Remove stoppers with a twist and pull motion.
5. Do not use tubes if foreign matter is present.
6. All liquid preservatives and anticoagulants are clear. Do not use tubes after their expiration date.
7. Do not re-sterilize and do not attempt to clean this product.
8. Do not use products if pouch is damaged.
9. Use prepared platelet concentrate material within 4 hours after drawing blood from patient.
Possible Side Effects
Damage to blood vessels, hematoma, infection and/or irritation.
Temporary or permanent nerve damage that may result in pain or numbness.
As with any injection-based treatment, infection is a slight possibility.
FDA cleared 510(k) Class II medical device. Eclipse PRP is intended for the safe and rapid preparation of autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from a small sample of blood at the patient point of care. The PRP is mixed with autograft or allograft bone prior to application to a bony defect for improving handling characteristics. 510(k) number: BK110035